25 July 2008

Christian the Lion

I don't spend much time on youtube and I spend even less time reading all the heart-warming stories that make their way through email. With this one though, I sent it to everyone I know. Of course they'd all seen it days ago and never sent it to me so thanks a lot! I'm posting it here on the off chance I'm not the only person who hadn't seen it already, and also because I think it's so awesome I want it on my blog. I swear I cry every time I see it.



According to snopes this story is from 1969. The older man in the background near the end is George Adamson of Born Free fame.

I've got a whole bunch more to say about animals and emotions but that's going to have to wait for another day. What I will say now is I see this same sort of thing happen all the time with the dogs. There's way more going on with these animals than just obeying a "sit!" command because you happen to have a treat. And we miss out when we attempt to reduce them to nothing more than that.

No comments: